Cars are a necessity nowadays and if you own one, then you should be taking care of it properly otherwise you won’t be able to utilize it properly. Many people are car enthusiasts and spend a lot of money on expensive or fancy cars. The cars are made of multiple components like engine type, horsepower and aerodynamics. All these things define the performance of the car but when it comes to safety, the most important thing is the brake repairs of the car. Whatever the engine type or power the car has, the transmission system is also the critical component that helps the car to move. In automatic cars, the transmission system runs automatically but when it comes to manual transmission cars, the clutch is the backbone of the manual transmission system. No manual transmission car can move without the clutch as it will allow the driver to change the gears. The gears are needed to increase or decrease the speed of the car. Both brakes and the clutch are as important as the engine or steering of the car, otherwise, it will be unable to run on the road.
Also, these are components that usually need repair after certain periods because they have a lot of loads on them when the car is in motion. The brakes ensure the safety of the people travelling in the car and in case of any malfunction in the brakes, the safety of the passengers is at risk. The same is the case with the clutch, as the clutch will be in use to change the gear every while, so it is always under pressure. This is the reason that they usually break down and need repair frequently especially when your car gets older. Here are the few signs that you should look for to know that your car needs clutch and brake repairs;
- In the case of the clutch, you can get the first sign whenever you will be pressing the clutch and it becomes sticky. This will make it difficult to change the gear as the clutch will be getting stuck.
- You will hear grumbling noises whenever you will be changing gears and push the clutch. This can lead to the complete breakdown of the transmission system. This means it’s time for clutch repair
- The poor acceleration can also be a sign, your clutch needs repair
- When it comes to brakes, there are more obvious signs that can alert you about brake repairs like, the car will take longer to stop than usual.
- If the brake pads are worn off, then the brakes will get locked and the car will be slipping when you press the brakes hard. You have to go for brake repairs because this can be risky.
Never take clutch and brake repairs casually because even if you have expensive cars, they cannot be functional if the clutch and brakes are not working properly. They can also be safety concerns. Please visit www.tedcahillmotors.com.au for more information.